Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Vocare

Vocare rocks!
In case you don't know, Vocare is a spiritual retreat weekend for young adults. It's modeled somewhat after the Cursillo / Happening model, but quite different in some ways. The talks center around calling - what is a Christian, how do you respond to Christ, lay ministry, ordination, single, married, etc. The staff is usually all young adults.
I was privileged to be one of the spiritual directors for Vocare 38 in our diocese last weekend. This was also the last Vocare for the Reverend Tim Jones of Corinth, MS, who is returning to his native England TODAY, as Vicar of a church in the Diocese of York. Tim is amazing, and we will greatly miss his wit, his energy, his intelligence, and especially his great desire to work with young adults. Godspeed, Tim.
I really like working with this age group and look forward to more opportunities to do so. They are amazing and give me great hope for our church and the world. I am looking for how to continue to support other young adults in my area with a Cornerstone group or the like. If you want in - let me know!

No comments: